Evaluations are available via our website 2014.highedweb.org this year. They’ll be available for completion 30 minutes after the session start time and are linked from the schedule next to the session’s title, and in the responsive "hamburger" (aka top nav) menu for the current / just-ended session.
Updates from TwitterTweets about "#heweb14 AND from:@highedweb"
- Dress at the conference is business casual – with a strong emphasis on the “casual.”
- Jeans, t-shirts, sweaters and khakis are common, both during the conference sessions and at evening events.
- Session rooms can be chilly, so you may want to bring a sweater or dress in layers.
- Portland in October tends to be mild and often overcast.
- Average high temperatures are in the mid-60s, average lows in the mid-40s.
- Despite its reputation, Portland actually receives fewer measurable inches of precipitation per year than most East coast cities; it is common, however, for a grey, misty drizzle to last for days.
Check-in / Registration
- Your first stop at HighEdWeb should be the registration desk in the Grand Foyer Ballroom at the Hilton Portland – check in to grab your conference badge and your conference gifts/swag.
- The registration desk hours are:
- Sunday, October 19: 11 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Monday, October 20: 7 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 22: 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- NOTE for Annual Conference attendees also registered for one of the Academies (Leadership, Integrated Marketing, or Technical): Report to the Hilton Portland Executive Tower for your Academy before 1 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 18th. You will ALSO need to check in separately on Sunday or Monday for the HighEdWeb Annual Conference.
Lanyards & IDs
- When you check in at the registration desk, you will receive your conference ID badge.
- Your ID badge must be worn at all presentation sessions and at all conference after-hour events. The HighEdWeb conference is sold out, and your badge is your golden ticket of admission to all the fun.
Workshops (checking in, meals, adding on)
- Pre-conference workshops begin at 1 p.m. on Sunday in the Hilton Portland.
- Allow time on Sunday to check in at the registration desk before your workshop.
- Lunch will be provided at 12 noon on Sunday in the Hilton for all pre-conference workshop attendees, HighEdWeb conference presenters and Academy attendees.
- Post-conference workshops begin at 1 p.m. on Wednesday in the Hilton Portland.
- If you would like to add a pre- or post-conference workshop to your conference experience, you may add on and pay for the workshop at the registration desk, as attendance allows.
- The first session for all HighEdWeb attendees is the orientation session at 5 p.m. in the Grand Ballroom of the Hilton Portland.
- At 6 p.m., attendees are invited to attend a welcome reception at the Punch Bowl Social, a short walk away from the Hilton.
- NOTE FOR LATE ARRIVALS: If you do not get a chance to check in on Sunday before the Punch Bowl Social event, that’s OK. We can give you a temporary name badge at the door of Punch Bowl Social. You will also need to check in to at the registration desk on Monday to receive your official conference ID badge and materials.
- Experience the beauty of the Pacific Northwest by attending the HighEdWeb Big Social Event at the World Forestry Center at 6:30 p.m.
- Complimentary light rail MAX train passes will be provided to conference attendees on Tuesday afternoon after the poster session.
- Allow about 20-30 minutes of travel time to the World Forestry Center. Review our travel tips for more detailed directions.
- Complimentary wi-fi access is available for HighEdWeb attendees during conference sessions at the Hilton, and for those staying at the Hilton or at the Marriot.
- Network: HighEdWeb Annual Conference
Password: highedweb (all lowercase)
Code of conduct
The HighEdWeb community is awesome. And we want it to keep on being awesome for everyone. As we look forward to a great conference, we wanted to remind everyone of what we know you already know:
- HighEdWeb is dedicated to providing a harassment-free conference experience for everyone, regardless of factors such as sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, ability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, nationality, culture, or religion. Read the Code of Conduct policy here.
- If you are being harassed or have any other concerns, please contact a member of conference staff immediately — you can also call our 24-hour HEWEB Emergency Hotline: 339-36H-EWEB.
Connect with us – Official conference communication
- Twitter users: During the conference, follow us at @HighEdWeb to stay up-to-date on announcements such as program changes, get general details, or ask any questions you may have.
- We will also post any updates as needed to our mobile-friendly homepage at 2014.highedweb.org.
- Photos will be posted to Flickr.
- Use the conference hashtag #heweb14 to follow discussions, add to the conversation and make new friends.
- Use the session hashtags to comment about what you’ve learned and share about a particular presentations.
What have we forgotten?
Have a question as you get ready for Portland? Reach out to us on Twitter at @HighEdWeb, or shoot us an email at email@example.com.
Adding the @heweb14 Site to your Home Screen
- Tap the "Share" icon in the browser toolbar.
- Select "Add to Home Screen".
- Change the defaults if you wish, then select "Add" in the upper right of the screen.
- Tap the menu icon in the top-right corner of the browser toolbar.
- Select "Add to Home Screen".
- Change the title if you wish, then select "Add" in the upper right of the screen.